Building the future of websites and online marketing
CentralApp is a Belgian SaaS startup building the future of websites and online marketing for SMEs. We strive to make it as simple and efficient as possible for restaurant, shop or beauty salon owners to manage their online visibility so they can focus on their core business.
CentralApp is now used by more than 1000 businesses in Belgium and France, and more all over Europe. Our websites are used by over 10 million people yearly, a 400% growth over last year. We work on a daily basis with industry leaders such as Google, BNP Paribas Fortis, Deliveroo, Schwarzkopf, or Petit Futé.
Some of our clients in Brussels:
What will you be doing?
You will be contributing to our products impacting millions of people, using cutting edge technologies and working in tandem with the backend and design teams. Such products include the responsive single page app our clients use to manage their online presence, as well as the platform powering our clients websites. Occasionally, you might also help the marketing team build landing pages and other tools.
Our current frontend stack includes:
- React (with server-side rendering, JSX)
- CSS in JS (styled components)
As a frontend engineer at CentralApp you will be expected to:
- Properly test your code
- Optimize your code for performance and speed
- Document your components in our live style guide
- Help provide simple solution to complex problem, always keeping the end-user in mind
- Have some experience with React or similar frameworks
- Have a good knowledge of the DOM, HTML and CSS
- Have a basic knowledge and understanding of the full web stack (HTTP, JSON, REST APIs, ...)
- Be proficient in English
Bonus points for:
- Having basic knowledge of Node.js
- Having experience building single page web application
- Having strong design sensibilities and pay close attention to details
- Having experience with Git
- Having experience with automated and unit testing
Please include in your application:
- A list of a few projects you've worked on and are proud of (and why)
- Your resume & portfolio
- Links to relevant online profiles (Github, Stack-overflow, etc.)
What happens after you apply?
First, don't hesitate to apply so we can review your CV! The next step will be a short technical phone interview with one of our engineers. The following step will be a take-home test to work on in your own time. As the final step, we'll arrange a visit to our office and/or organize a phone call with several members of the team.
We offer a competitive salary and flexible hours in a fast-growing start-up based in the heart of Brussels. We're a group of like-minded people who enjoy working hard and the not-so-occasional beer in the bar downstairs. Every month we organize a restaurant with the whole team and every two months a team-building event. We take our coffee and food quite seriously.
If that sounds like fun, we'd love to hear back from you.
Meet the team.